Thursday, July 03, 2008

Funny Football Quotes

After two serious posts, people might be wondering whether I am alright or not. Come on guys, am not in love, I haven't turned gay, nor am I suffering from terminal cancer and I certainly am not planning on taking a sanyaas. Am I mentally unbalanced? Hell yeah! I've always been. Don't you know it by now? :D

Okay okay, lets put an end to the self admiration. To make up for the torture I put you through the last couple of days here are some funny quotes made by people involved with the world of football.

Barry Venison on PSV’s pace:
"PSV have got a lot of pace up front. They're capable of exposing themselves."

Terry Venables on answering a question:
"I've been asked that question for the last six months. It is not fair to expect me to make such a fast decision on something that has been put upon me like that."

David Pleat on Maradona:
"For such a small man Maradona gets great elevation on his balls."

George Best on financial planning:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

David Coleman on Italian patriotism:
The Italians are hoping for an Italian victory.

Peter Shilton being honest about England’s chances:
You’ve got to believe that you’re going to win, and I believe we’ll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we’re knocked out.

Gordon Strachan giving it back to the press:
Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there."

1 comment:

since81 said...

"If he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch?" by Bill Shankly about being inactive at offside location.