Monday, June 22, 2009

I Wish I Knew

A few things that have crossed my mind from time to time. Maybe you can help me with the following:

1. Orange - is the fruit named after the colour or is it the other way around?

2. How on earth did someone think of 'Bluetooth'? Will we soon have 'Greenhair' or 'Blackleg'?

3. When all of us have mobiles, why do we still wear watches?

4. When the anesthetic needle hurts, isn't it defeating the whole purpose of getting anesthetized?

5. What language do dogs dream in?

6. Why can't they invent a towel that doesn't have lint (or whatever) when its new?

7. What would your dead relatives think of you if they could actually observe you all the time?

8. When women wear trousers or pants, its considered modern or professional or even normal. But when (some) men wear skirts, they are called cross dressers (amongst other things)?

9. Would we really laugh at half of the jokes on sitcoms if it wasn't for the canned laughter?

10. Why aren't you making me rich by clicking on those crappy Google ads?

12 comments:

Prettysureitsme said...

am going to make ur wish come true...
1 of 'em actually...
the anesthetic needle...
ah yes... it doesn't hurt anymore... surface anesthetics...something like a pepermint spray or a minty paste can be applied over the ares before injecting... hence... not defeating the purpose.. so as to say!!:-P

p.s. i have more answers.. but thats all for now folks!! :-P

Tarun said...

If u had asked all this to Revering Ever rspectful, wonder principal Dr.G Thima Reddy Sir aka Thimma ...

Then u wouldnt be so confused of life,


(sorry big man of spoiling ur blog taking his name.)


rofl

Practical Preacher said...

@ Preeti.... I mean, Dr. Preeti... thank you for clarifying that. I'll be happy to hear you other answers too... :)

Practical Preacher said...

@ Tarun... if I asked Thimma those questions, I would still be clearing by degree. One of those super-seniors... lol..

But yeah, don't ever mention his name on this blog. Ever.

Tarun said...

Super senior viren.

That would be cool isnt it.

:P

Practical Preacher said...

Bullshit... 4 years was enough... :)

Srikant said...

Just helping you out:

Interesting story. Bluetooth was developed by Ericcson which is a Danish company. They named it after a Danish king, whose nickname was Bluetooth because he brought the danish tribes together. Happy Googling!

You at least know one answer now..and the ads are not crap :)

Practical Preacher said...

Sports..

The ads are TOTAL crap. You guys are just pushing random ads which have no link whatsoever to the content. For instance, why on earth would anyone be interested in Kurkure? Something needs to be done. Whoever is running your operations in India needs to be fired for allowing such rubbish.

Thanks for the answer though. Am already a much wiser person than I was last night. :)

Sangeetha Kodithala said...

Not all of them, but I think I can try to answer some...

3. Just as a tribute to all those cheesy pick-up lines of the yore... "Madam, time kya hua?"

8. I think it's because when men wear skirts, they wear "women's" skirts whereas when women wear trousers, they wear women's trousers or the unisex ones. I guess it's the problem with the designers. They should come up with cooler stuff for guys - male lehngas, skirts, salwars etc??

9. Well, I don't get the jokes even with the canned laughter, so I'll let this be a question for me too.

10. He he... you have the answer in the Q - they are "crappy" :P

Practical Preacher said...

Good one Kodi... But I have never heard of anyone who fell for those cheesy pick up lines. :)

The designers can come up with whatever they want. I ain't wearing that junk.

Foodie said...

What language do dogs dream in? ... this one is really interesting.... i wanna knw....

Practical Preacher said...

yeah I wanna know too... )