Monday, February 09, 2009

About Me

I started this blog to write about myself. Along the way, I realized that people also like to read stuff about less interesting topics. (Smile). It suddenly struck me that it's been a while since I wrote something about yours truly. So here is a post that just about me.

Hold your breath, here we go...

1. I have studied in 8 different schools from the first grade to the twelfth. My favourite school was K.V. Arakkonam. Played the toughest sports, made the best of friends and ran after the prettiest of girls.

2. I learnt to ride my bike and drive my car after I bought both.

3. I have never given an interview and not got the job. I have also never been selected from a group discussion.

4. Someday I'll work for Greenpeace.

5. I've been lucky with friends. My best friends have invariably been smarter, kinder, more popular, wiser and truer than me.

6. I think that there will be more dogs in heaven than people. I also think that they will be happy to see me.

7. I have read Lord of the Rings thrice.

8. If I didn't wear specs, I could have become a navy fighter pilot.

9. I am right handed, except when it comes to holding a guitar, a rifle or a bow.

10. I have been house captain 4 times in school. Yet I can't remember the name of the house I was captain of in 12th standard.

11. I used to play as a central midfielder for the football team in college. I wore the number 13 jersey.

12. I can't play a musical instrument to save my life. And I doubt I can ever learn. You see, I am TONE deaf.

13. Till 6 months ago I didn't know the basics of cooking. Now, my friends' wives lecture their husbands about how they should learn from me. My friends secretly tell me that their wives ought to learn too.

14. I believe in true love. I just wonder if I'll be lucky enough to find it.

15. I think I should stop now.

5 comments:

Tarun said...

The last one (#15) was my favourite.

ROFL

Vaze said...

Wanker! you school hoppin, post-purchase driving learnin, 100% interview crackin, greenpeace dreamin, friends praisin, dog lovin, LOTR repeat readin, fighter pilot aspirin, leftist guitar playin, house captainin, #13 wearin, music hummin, biriyani cookin, love seekin pyschopath! – keep goin! DON'T STOP! :-)

Practical Preacher said...

Tarun... glad u liked #15... lol

Wanker Brand... I don't plan to stop.. you, on the other hand, should start writing too. Rocking comment.

Anonymous said...

You can learn to play an instrument even if you're tone deaf. I learned the guitar and even now 10 years after I started I still can't tune it... so I got myself a guitar tuner :)

Practical Preacher said...

Forget about tuning a guitar, I cant even strum the basic chords. I think I should stick to listening to music instead. :-)

BTW, you have a nice blog.