Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mr Prime Minister Man (Sung to the tune of Mr Tambourine Man)

The other day our honourable Prime Minister made a very strange remark. He asked political parties not to politicise the food shortage issue. Excuse me, but thats a really flawed statement. First all, if politicians from political parties do not 'politicise' issues what else will they do? (Oh yeah, get into sports management a la IPL). But seriously, if something as serious as a food shortage musn't be taken up by our 'leaders' and resolved, then what is the Government for? (Oh yeah, implementing big budget corruption initiatives in the name of the aam aadmi).

All this left me quite pensive and I decided to take inspiration from the great Bob Dylan himself and sing a song to our honourable Prime Minister. This parody needs to be sung to the tune of 'Mr Tambourine Man'.

Hey Mr Prime Minister Man
Cook some rice for me, I am hungry but there aint no vote I am casting
Hey Mr Prime Minister Man
Cook some daal for me, and in the jingle jangle of elections I might come following you.

Though I know that in the evening the darkness will return to the land
Children’s books will be dropped from their hand
Leave them blindly here to stand, but still not sleeping.
Your Government’s sluggishness amazes me, you seem to have lead in your feet
But you will still rush to the Chinese to meet
And your ancient political party is too dead for dreaming.

Hey Mr Prime Minister Man
Cook some rice for me, I am hungry but there aint no vote I am casting
Hey Mr Prime Minister Man
Cook some daal for me, and in the jingle jangle of elections I might come following you.

Take me on a trip on your ‘Yuvraj’s’ magic swirling helicoptership
The tribal’s lands have been stripped, they are losing their culture’s grip
On their rights we seem to step, they wait only for the police’s boot heels
to come crashing down
They’re not ready to go anywhere. Quietly into the dust they won’t fade
And on republic day parade, we will have them dancing on the road
And then go under it

Hey Mr Prime Minister Man
Cook some rice for me, I am hungry but there aint no vote I am casting
Hey Mr Prime Minister Man
Cook some daal for me, and in the jingle jangle of elections I might come following you.


P.S. : Please note. I aint against any party nor am I anti-government. I just wish that we (people and the government) would do more for our country. And our environment.

1 comment:

Tarun said...

Hmmm well written Viren.
courtesy news channels I m convinced that I live in a failed state.
ciao