Sunday, March 02, 2008

AdSense or AdNonsense or Ad Cents?

Many eons ago, in a moment of inspiration I decided to supplement my meager salary by implementing Google's AdSense on my blog. I reasoned that people visiting my blog would be so enthralled by the words of wisdom they came across that they would happily click on any text ad that showed something remotely connected to my posts. But after more than 6 months my 'earnings' are virtually nonexistent to say the least. I was shocked. Horrified even. Was there anything wrong with my posts? Naah, couldn't be. So I checked the kind of ads that Google had deemed suitable for my site.

Go through the list below and then ask yourself whether AdSense should be renamed AdNONSENSE or even AdCENTS.

Private Detective. Russia
private detective agency IPA member.
www.infoproverka.com
Comment: Sounds suspiciously like the KGB to me.

All Female Mystery Party
Miss America Pageant themed party Easy-to-host, all ages, 8-25 guests
www.nightofmystery.com
Comment: Now we're talking. Bring it on baby! Wait a min, am I supposed to use this site to organize the party? I thought they were inviting me to it. Nooooo

Amazing Brain Training
A Hypnosis Program that can supercharge your brain
www.hyptalk.com
Comment: That's what we need. Good old hypnosis to turn us all into Einsteins. While we're ordering, could we get some witch magic and reiki along as well?


Real Mind Power
Learn To Motivate Yourself To Achieve Your Desires Quickly
www.realmindpowers.com
Comment: Amazing! Who needs hardwork (or hypnosis) anymore? Just desire something, motivate yourself and viola its yours! Ok, let me decide... Ferrari or Lamborghini?


Al Qiyam
In my book, the world rejects Peace cause they haven't won yet..The End
www.ChristReturns.net
Comment: Mr. Wannabe-Novelist... did we even ask you for your opinion? More like 'The End' of your literary career.


No wonder I haven't earned enough to even pay for one month's broadband connection rent. Larry & Sergi, give me a break. Stop talking about saving the world. Instead save your company and give us relevant ads.

1 comment:

Vivek said...

LOL..those were totally nonsensical ads, it may affect your blog's and consequently your reputation because there is a myth that the ads are relevant to the page contents.