Thursday, November 22, 2007

So Long Farewell

Every once in a while, not often mind you, but every now and then there comes a fork in the road. And its time to bid adieu to a friend. I came to this fork-in-the-road a couple of months ago. I knew what route I had to choose for it was very clear. But just because it the initial steps down the right path are different, I procrastinated and retraced my steps. Then a (repeated) series of events would guide me to the same fork-in-the-road and once again I would find myself pondering what to do.

Well finally, something happened that caused me to walk down the correct path. It was an event that I did not control, and frankly niether did I welcome. But in a way I was relieved for I always knew that it would happen sooner or later. So from now on, there will be no looking over my shoulder or wistful thinking. I am who I am. Though I sometimes forget. And who I am is a natural winger'.. to use a football terminology. I value my independence and like to operate on my own.

I like to talk to trusted friends before making any decision. And a very wise and learned man told me that I had made the right choice. That the best way to move on was to move on without looking back. And someone who is good enough to help Nelson Mandela solve his problem should be good enough to advise me. :-)

So long OG. Say hi to Whitney & Johnnie Black. I'll see you 25 years from now.

No comments: