Thursday, August 27, 2009

50 Word Stories - Part 3

1. Rumble in the Jungle
The mob of beasts lumbered towards him. Slowly at first and then faster. Even from this distance he could hear the racket they made. Snarling, sometimes at each other, they would kill him if he wasn’t careful.

He glanced at his nervous deputy and said, ‘Turn the traffic light red’.

2. Picked from a Line Up
The moment she walked in the store, I knew she was trouble. I’d seen her type before. Rich, young, bored. Her husband didn’t pay her attention anymore so she went looking for trouble. Just my luck. She looked towards me and my heart sank.

I’ll take that poodle’ she said.

3. I Need a Break
I glanced at my watch. Just 4 o’clock! When would this day end? I had taken enough crap from these people the last few days. I needed a break. I needed my sanctum, my zone. I needed to get away from them.

Why aren't the stock markets open on weekends?

5 comments:

Vaze said...

good job as usual wank. guess wat? u've inspired me into writing a 50 worder too! Here you go:

The dense summer evening air was getting to me. I was in my room, listening to ‘summer wine’. The craving was unbearable. My head was spinning. Noise from outside was getting louder than the howling AC. I was losing it. “Sir, your tea is ready”, yelled the cook, to my relief.

Practical Preacher said...

Wank.. I see you still have good taste. And for once, came up with something original. ;-)

Keep it up boy. One way or another. Lol..

Anonymous said...

awesome stories!!
u r getting better :)

Practical Preacher said...

Thanks kid.. :)

Abhishek Bhide said...

Wow Yaar! Great stuff